Job Advertisements & Careers
Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Limuru, Kenya is seeking to recruit self-driven individuals to the position of general worker. This position will report to the Shift Supervisor.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To provide auxiliary support to production by cleaning equipment, loading or unloading materials and products, feeding material into machines, marking product and observing equipment to detect malfunctions.
1. Ensure production of quality product by end of shift.
2. Ensure all processes are ran at required parameters through good manufacturing practices.
3. Ensure efficient operation through reduced spillages and machine downtimes.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Cleaning & blending raw material
2. Collecting raw material for processing, measuring & mixing and processing raw materials.
3. Transporting raw materials, bulk processed product & finished product between various plants & stores
4. Weighing, bagging and stitching of products;
5. Checking the quality of prepared product and documenting the exact results at definite times of production process.
6. Cleaning the plant processing area.
7. Product packing as per procedures, targets
Quality Food Safety
Ensure thorough understanding of the quality and food safety policy.
Ensure thorough understanding of GHPs; GMPs
Key Accountabilities and Standards of Performance
1. General SOP
Ensure accurate documentation of work done and confirmation of the physical stock output; At change of shift or start of work, obligation to inform and hand over properly the status of machines and production.
2. Health, Safety and Environment SOP
Familiarisation with and observation of general and safety regulations, related to the machine & work towards achievement of zero incidents and accidents.
Knowledge and Skills
Minimum holder of KCSE certificate or its equivalent, qualification in mechanical artisan skills is an added advantage and computer skills.
Behavours of importance: Accountability, Integrity, Reliability and Efficiency
1. Action Oriented
2. Written Communications
3. Integrity & Trust
4. Timely Decision Making
5. Driven for Results
8. Peer Relationships
For more details about the position, kindly log onto and apply via our e-recruitment platform http://fast-track-management.org closing date for applications is Friday 16th July 2016. Attached therein copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone & e-mail address) or three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Our client, a leading company in Kenya who deals with Sandblasting & Coating is seeking to recruit highly experienced, self-driven individuals to the following positions:
Our client, a leading company in Kenya who deals with Sandblasting & Coating is seeking to recruit highly experience, self-driven individuals to the following positions:
A Civil Worker Charge-Head
1. Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines.
2. Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
3. Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
4. Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
5. Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
6. Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
7. Direct and supervise workers.
8. Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
9. Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting or plumbing.
10. Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
11. Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
12. Develop and implement quality control programs.
13. Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
14. Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
15. Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
16. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
17. Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computers.
1. Apply, remove and repairs insulation on industrial equipment, pipes, ductwork or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks and vessels to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
2. Cover, seal or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with plastic covers, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
3. Determine the amounts types of insulation needed and methods of installation based on factors such as location, surface shape and equipment use
4. Fit insulation around obstructions, and insulating materials and protective coverings as required
5. Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws inorder to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
6. Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures handsaws, knives, and scissors.
7. Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives, cement, or asphalt, or by attaching metal pins to surfaces.
8. Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
9. Select appropriate insulation such as fiberglass, Styrofoam, or cork, based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
10. Distribute insulating materials evenly into small spaces within floors, ceilings, or walls, using blowers and hose attachments or cement mortar.
11. Fill blower hoppers with insulating materials.
12. Move controls, buttons, or levers to start blowers, and to regulate flow of materials through nozzles.
13. Remove or seal off old asbestos insulation, following safety procedures.
Sheet Metal Developers (Workers)
1. Select appropriate type of sheet metal, such galvanized iron, copper, steel, aluminum
2. Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
3. Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
4. Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
5. Interpret blueprints to decide where ducts will go.
6. Bend ducts to form shapes.
7. Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
8. Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
9. Smooth over rough edges with file.
10. Install ready-made ducts.
11. Work with work with fiberglass, plastics, and other nonmetallic materials.
12. Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
13. Install assemblies in supportive framework.
14. Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.
15. Operate computer aided drafting (CAD) equipment to develop scale drawings of products or systems.
16. Operate laser beam cutter to cut patterns.
17. Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
18. Coordinate schedules.
19. Analyze and resolve work problems.
Industrial Coatings Applicator
1. Performs all types of industrial painting work and surface preparation.
2. Prepares various surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary.
3. Mixes, and blends various paints, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and special protective coatings for specified consistency, and drying properties.
4. Uphold excellent safety practices and help maintain safe working conditions
Candidates should have a background in one of the following trades (or related construction type experience):
1. Industrial Painting
2. Commercial Painting
3. Industrial Service
8. Concrete / Masonry
Scaffolding Change Level
1. fixing guard rails and safety netting
2. Design and preplanning of the scaffold including weight limitations, scaffold type, fall protection, tie-offs, supports, etc.
3. taking down the scaffolding after a job is finished.
4. setting base plates on the ground at regular intervals (these stop the upright poles slipping)
5. putting up the scaffolding poles (standards) and attaching the horizontal tubes (ledgers) to them with couples
6. unloading scaffolding equipment at the site
7. fixing the scaffolding to the building or structure to make it more stable, using short ‘tie tubes’
8. laying planks (battens) across the scaffolding for workers to walk on
9. Contact EHS for assistance and guidance in any of the duties associated with being a Competent Person
Scaffold Fixer (Erectors)
1. Inspecting all scaffold components prior to assembly to insure that components used are of similar material and in good repair before becoming a part of the completed scaffold. This includes (but not limited to): mudsills, screw jacks, frames, braces, planks, access ladders, brackets, etc.
2. Maintaining fall protection requirements while erecting / dismantling scaffolds.
3. Providing a scaffold to the user that is free from recognizable and preventable hazards (i.e. fall protection systems in place, falling object prevention in place, appropriate access / egress to and from the scaffold, appropriate anchorage and stability of the structure, appropriate walking / working surfaces, maintaining appropriate clearances from electrical hazards, etc.)
4. Training of other scaffold users if needed.
5. Contacting and coordinating with the Competent Person regarding any issues associated with the erection of a scaffold.
6. Contacting EHS if there is a concern regarding the erection of the scaffold.
1. Bell, bead with power hammers, or weld pressure vessel tube ends, in order to ensure leak-proof joints.
2. Bolt or arc-weld pressure vessel structures and parts together, using wrenches and welding equipment.
3. Examine boilers, pressure vessels, tanks, and vats to locate defects such as leaks, weak spots, and defective sections so that they can be repaired.
4. Inspect assembled vessels and individual components, such as tubes, fittings, valves, controls, and auxiliary mechanisms, to locate any defects.
5. Install manholes, handholes, taps, tubes, valves, gauges, and feed water connections in drums of water tube boilers, using hand tools.
6. Install refractory bricks and other heat-resistant materials in fireboxes of pressure vessels.
7. Lay out plate, sheet steel, or other heavy metal, and locate and mark bending and cutting lines, using protractors, compasses, and drawing instruments or templates.
8. Locate and mark reference points for columns or plates on boiler foundations, following blueprints and using straightedges, squares, transits, and measuring instruments.
9. Position, align, and secure structural parts and related assemblies to boiler frames, tanks, or vats of pressure vessels, following blueprints.
10. Repair or replace defective pressure vessel parts, such as safety valves and regulators, using torches, jacks, caulking hammers, power saws, threading dies, welding equipment, and metalworking machinery.
Intern in Engineering
1. Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
2. Excellent Excel Spreadsheet skills is essential.
3. Patient, attentive to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately under pressure.
4. Keen to learn about the Sandblasting and Coasting and also with a high attention to detail and pride in their work at this initial stage of their career development
All candidates should have a minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in work related. The shortlisted candidates will be required to submit among other documents; Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations at time of interview.
Kindly log onto and apply via our e-recruitment platform http://fast-track-management.org , closing date for applications is Friday 29th July 2016. Attached therein copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone & e-mail address) or three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
Marketing and Sales Manager
Our client in a manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit a highly experience, self-driven individual. This individual will report to the Marketing Director, the role will be to effectively implement marketing.
Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing enforcing policies and procedures.
Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
Skills and Qualifications
Financial Planning and Strategy, Marketing Concepts, Positioning, People Management, Territory Management, Sales Planning, Competitive Analysis, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Client Relationships, Creative Services
We are looking for a reliable accountant to supervise, monitor and evaluate day-to-day accounting activities. This person will establish financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying and reporting financial information.
Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department
Process month and end year process, accounts payable/receivable, cash receipts, general ledger, payroll and utilities, treasury, budgeting, cash forecasting, revenue and expenditure variance analysis, capital assets reconciliations, trust account statement reconciliations, check runs, fixed asset activity, debt activity etc.
Monitor and analyse accounting data and produce financial reports or statements
Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
Coordinate and complete annual audits
Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
Assign projects and direct staff to ensure compliance and accuracy
Meet financial accounting objectives
Establish and maintain fiscal files and records to document transactions
Proven working experience as Accounting Manager
Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
High attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to direct and supervise
BS degree in Accounting or Finance, masters Degree will be added advantage
Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance or its equivalent.
Certified Public Accountant examination (CPA (K) or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Served as a Senior Accountant for five (5) years in a large Institution.
Shown competence and capability in work performance.
Our client a well-established company is seeking to recruit a highly experienced, self-driven motivated individual to fill the above position.
Working diligently with other team members to ensure the provision of excellent customer service to all official, members and the general public
deal directly with customers either by telephone and electronically
respond promptly to customer inquiries and handle and resolve customer complaints
obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
provide pricing and delivery information
perform customer verifications and set up new customer accounts
process orders, forms, applications and requests
organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
keep records of customer interactions and transactions
prepare and distribute customer activity reports and maintain customer databases
communicate and coordinate with internal departments
follow up on customer interactions
provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
Diploma in Communication, Business Administration or related fields degree
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Attention to detail and accuracy
problem analysis and problem-solving
knowledge of relevant computer applications
knowledge of administrative procedures
At list two years working experience in customer service
Responsible for working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a manager
Work with other managers to plan and direct the work of the organization.
Help set policies.
Evaluate work output.
Receive classroom instruction in subjects related to their rotational experience.
Attend meetings and create projects, oral presentations.
Work in different departments to gain perspective, including marketing, sales, customer services, purchasing, merchandising, and personnel departments.
Handle established accounts to gain familiarity.
Adhere to guidelines of formal written training program.
Attend periodic evaluations.
Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue in the program.
Participate with store management in interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
Use company reports to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity.
Identify trends and recommends proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive price lists and products.
Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
Pack House Supervisors
Our client in a manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit a highly experience, self-driven individual to work as a Pack House Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage all pack house operations
Optimize pack house operational efficiency
Optimize quality of produce from the pack house with zero rejections
Ensure machinery is properly maintained
Ensure compliance with processing standards as set by the market
Ensure pack house employees are properly trained
To be part of the management team and work closely with all other managers to ensure a cohesive and effective management team.
To conduct himself at all times honestly and properly in the course of his service with the Company
Other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Company from time to time.
Liaise closely with field and out grower staff to ensure fruit of the correct quantity and quality is delivered to the pack house to meet the market requirements.
Closely monitor out grower fruit deliveries at the reception point to ensure quality is maintained and any opportunities for fraud are eliminated.
Liaise with freight handlers and shippers to ensure suitable containers are delivered on time.
Train, motivate and discipline staff.
Determine and prepare written procedures and protocols for all operations within the pack house.
Check machinery operation daily and correct any faults.
Liaise with equipment suppliers to maintain and correct equipment operation
Monitor fruit temperatures in cold stores and take corrective action as required by handling fruit appropriately or correcting equipment operation.
Liaise with Procurement department to ensure sufficient cartons and packaging materials are in store.
Liaise with market to select approved and appropriate chemicals for equipment cleaning and fruit treatment
Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or any Agricultural related field.
At least 1-2 years’ experience in the field.
A valid passport
Good communication and presentation skills
Our client in a manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit self-driven interns; they must have Bachelor’s Degree or a Diploma in Food Science.
Our client in a manufacturing industry is seeking to recruit an intern who has a desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn.
Strong listening skills
Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow directions, as well as not being afraid to ask questions will ensure a productive internship.
Excellent Excel Spreadsheet skills is essential.
Very articulate with fluent English.
Patient, attentive to detail, fast learner, committed, able to follow instructions, work quickly and accurately under pressure.
Keen to learn about the markets and also with a high attention to detail and pride in their work at this initial stage of their career development